Are you a hard working parent with late-night shifts in need of dependable child care for your little ones? Look no further, as A Place for Children is here to provide 24/7 around-the-clock care in Houston, TX specifically designed to accommodate children whose parents have non-traditional work schedules. We understand the challenges faced by working families in finding suitable childcare options outside of the typical early morning to afternoon hours. Therefore, we have tailored our facility to cater to the unique needs of such families.
As a responsible parent seeking the best care for your child, it’s essential to ask pertinent questions when considering different childcare facilities. By doing so, you can ensure the safety, well-being, and quality of care your child will receive. Here are some important questions to ask when evaluating potential childcare options
When hiring a childcare provider, it’s essential to ensure that they are a good fit for your child’s needs and your family’s requirements. Here are some important questions to ask a childcare provider before making a decision
Experience and Background
- What is your experience in childcare?
- Have you cared for children of similar age to my child before?
- Can you provide references from previous families you’ve worked with?
Qualifications and Training
- Are you certified in CPR and first aid for children?
- Have you undergone any formal childcare training or courses?
Daily Schedule and Activities
- What is the typical daily schedule for children in your care?
- What kinds of activities do you plan for the children?
- Do you engage the children in educational and recreational activities?
Discipline and Behavior Management
- How do you handle discipline and behavior management?
- What approach do you use to teach children good behavior?
Safety and Emergency Procedures
- What safety measures do you have in place at your childcare facility or in-home setup?
- What is your plan in case of emergencies?
Health and Hygiene
- Do you have policies for sick children and preventing the spread of illness?
- How do you handle cleanliness and hygiene in your childcare setting?
- How do you keep parents updated on their child’s progress and daily activities?
- Are there regular meetings or opportunities for parent-teacher conferences?
- How many children do you care for at one time?
- What is the staff-to-child ratio?
Meals and Snacks
- Do you provide meals and snacks, or do parents need to pack them?
- Do you accommodate specific dietary restrictions or preferences?
Policies and Fees
- What are your hours of operation?
- What are your fees, and what does the cost include?
- What is your policy on vacations, sick days, and holidays?
Child Development and Education
- How do you promote early childhood development and learning?
- Do you have any educational qualifications or experience in early childhood education?
- Do you encourage parents to be involved in their child’s activities or special events?
Remember to trust your instincts and observe the child care provider’s interactions with your child during the interview process. This will help you gauge whether they are the right fit for your child’s needs and if you feel comfortable leaving your child in their care.
Remember to visit the facility, interact with the staff, and trust your instincts when making a decision. The answers to these questions will help you assess whether the childcare facility aligns with your expectations and provides a safe and nurturing environment for your child.
A Place for Children has proudly served as a safe and stimulating haven for children in need of care while their parents work for several years. Our unwavering commitment to creating a secure and comforting environment enables children to learn, rest, and flourish as individuals.
To gain a better understanding of the care your child will receive, we encourage you to schedule an appointment to speak with a member of our team and tour our facility. We value open communication with parents and aim to provide the best possible care for your little ones.
At A Place for Children, we are well aware of the financial challenges faced by many working parents seeking childcare. To support families on a budget, we gladly accept NCI (Neighborhood Centers Incorporated) at our facility.
The NCI daycare program is a federally funded child care assistance program available to eligible residents of Texas. Eligibility primarily depends on family size and monthly income, and applicants are required to be screened by a Workforce Solutions office in Texas to determine their eligibility.
Apart from income and family size, other requirements for the program include parents working a minimum of 25 hours per week, paying initial daycare costs and submitting proof of payment for reimbursement, and providing annual tax returns and employment records periodically to determine ongoing eligibility.
Once an applicant is deemed eligible for the NCI program, the child must be enrolled in a qualifying daycare. Licensed childcare centers and licensed home daycares are eligible for the NCI program, and relatives may also provide childcare after undergoing a thorough screening process. The program provides a fixed amount of child care assistance per month, calculated based on the family’s income and living expenses, regardless of the specific daycare program’s cost.
At A Place for Children, we believe that quality child care should be accessible to all families, and accepting NCI is one way we support working parents in providing the best care for their children.
We understand the challenges faced by working parents in finding reliable childcare options that accommodate their non-traditional work schedules. A Place for Children stands committed to providing 24/7 care to meet the unique needs of such families in Houston, TX. Through our comprehensive facility and experienced caregivers, we ensure a safe, nurturing, and enriching environment for your child’s growth and development.
As you explore different childcare options, remember to ask essential questions to assess the facility’s suitability for your child’s well-being and educational needs. At A Place for Children, we invite you to schedule a visit and speak with our team to experience firsthand the care your child will receive. Additionally, to support families on a budget, we proudly accept NCI at our facility, striving to make quality child care accessible to all working parents in our community. Trust A Place for Children to provide the reliable and exceptional care your child deserves.
A Place For Children
9805 Bissonnet St Ste A
Houston, TX 77036
View our Google Business Listing