Daycare is typically a facility that provides children a safe space to spend during normal business hours to provide relief to working parents and guardians. Children may engage in educational activities, recreational time, and have mealtime at their daycare center. Childcare is a broader term that refers to providing care to a minor in school, at their home, at a daycare center, and more.
A Place for Children is a childcare facility that is open 24 hours a day. We provide around the clock care for children as young as 6 weeks old. If you are looking for a child care center that focuses on providing reliable childcare and early education programs for child development, reach out to our team today.
Child care providers are individuals who care for and provide supervision for children from age 6 weeks and up. Each child care provider is unique, but they all share a love for children. Your choice of child care providers may be dependent on your child’s age, your family’s needs and your location.
- Daycare Providers: Daycare is where parents drop off their children during the day for care, supervision, and learning. Daycares are formal, structured environments with specific drop-off and pick-up times. Daycare centers specialize in the care of infants through preschool-aged children, although some daycares also offer before-and after-school care for school-aged children.
- In-Home Care Providers: In-home child care is where families pay to bring their child to the home of an adult, who looks after children on a regular and ongoing basis. This child care option is different than a nanny because children are brought to the caregiver’s home for care.
- Nanny: A nanny is employed by a family in either a live-in or live-out basis. A nanny comes to the family’s home to provide care and supervision for a child or children. A nanny share is an option where one nanny provides care for two or more unrelated children in one of the family’s homes.
- Babysitter: A babysitter is employed by a family to temporarily care for children. Babysitters may be hired regularly or on occasion. A babysitter is responsible for the safety and well-being of the children.
- Teacher: Once your child is old enough to attend school, teachers will be providing child care. Teachers are role models for children and provide support, encouragement, and a safe environment. It is important for parents to have a positive relationship with their child’s teachers and keep open communication.
How is A Place for Children Different?
Unlike most child care facilities, A Place for Children offers 24 hour childcare services for children as young as 6 weeks old. We work to provide a safe space for children that meets their physical, emotional, social, and intellectual needs.
We understand how important it is for parents and guardians to be able to provide for their families. Whether you are working full-time, work late nights, or are in need of overnight care our faculty is here for you.
24 Hour Child Care Accepting NCI in Houston
It is no secret that most types of daycare and family child care programs can be a financial struggle for working parents. This is why the team at A Place for Children works with families on a budget by accepting NCI at our facility.
The NCI daycare program, also known as the Neighborhood Centers Incorporated program, is a federally funded child care assistance program available to qualified residents of Texas. Eligibility for the program primarily depends on family size and monthly income. Applicants must be screened by a Workforce Solutions office in the state of Texas to determine eligibility.
In addition to income and family size, there are a few other requirements for the program. First, parents must work a minimum of 25 hours per week. Parents are also required to pay the initial daycare costs and submit proof of payment to be reimbursed. Lastly, all recipients of the NCI program must submit annual tax returns and employment records periodically to determine if they are still eligible for the program after being accepted.
If an applicant is determined to be eligible for the program, the child must be registered to attend a qualifying daycare. Licensed childcare centers and licensed home daycares qualify for the NCI program. In addition, relatives may also provide childcare after completing a thorough screening. The price of a specific daycare program does not affect the amount of childcare assistance. Instead, program participants are given the same amount of money each month, which is determined by calculating income and living expenses.
A Place For Children
9805 Bissonnet St Ste A
Houston, TX 77036
View our Google Business Listing